Fueled by next-gen technology, Mortal Kombat X combines unparalleled, cinematic presentation with all new gameplay to deliver the most brutal Kombat experience ever. For the first time ever, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. And with a new fully-connected gameplay experience, players are launched into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy.
It has begun!
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios announce today that the first DLC pack for the legendary fighting game Mortal Kombat is officially available. Featuring all of the of the pre-order content in one set, this collection consists of seven pre-order klassic character skins for Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Reptile, Ermac, Mileena, Jade and Kitana and klassic fatalities for Reptile, Scorpion and Sub-Zero. It is now available for purchase on Microsoft Xbox Live Arcade for 400 Microsoft Points or $4.99 on PlayStation Network.
If you are attending E3, please be sure to stop by the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment booth (South Hall 2401) to check out the upcoming new DLC content – all-new warrior Skarlet – where she will be playable for the first time.
Mortal Kombat is the most brutal installment of the legendary fighting game to date and is currently available on the PlayStation(r)3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360(r) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft in 2011. The game, along with the upcoming DLC, have all been developed by NetherRealm Studios, led by Mortal Kombat creator and creative director Ed Boon.
LOS ANGELES, CA JUNE 3, 2011 Performance Designed Products LLC (³PDP²), a worldwide leader in the video game accessory market, announced its line-up of new video game controllers and accessories being shown during the 2011 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles. New hardware on display includes precision controllers for fighting game fans, wireless Afterglow controllers and headsets and licensed products featuring Cars 2, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Nerf, Energizer and Transformers 3.
³Our goal is to create high quality controllers and accessories that suit the needs of everyone,² Tom Roberts, chief technical officer of Performance Designed Products. ³From competitive fighting gamers to young players just starting out, we¹ve created products to reach from hard core to casual audiences and back.²
PDP will be showing the following items during this year¹s E3:
• New versions of the highly-rated Mortal Kombat Klassic Fightstick for
both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, including a re-skin that reflects the color scheme of the original Mortal Kombat arcade game cabinet. GameStop will exclusively be offering a limited run of Mortal Kombat Klassic Fight Sticks bundled with the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kompilation, a digital release containing Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.
• The Versus Fight Pad, the high quality pad designed for six button
fighting games, available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and now the Nintendo Wii and are officially licensed for all three systems.
• The first rechargeable, wireless light-up Afterglow controller for the PlayStation 3
• The Afterglow Communicator, coming for both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and Wii Chat headset enhance online multiplayer chatting experiences.
• Keep Earth from going dark with the limited Collector¹s Edition
Transformers: Dark of the Moon Wireless Controller and Bluetooth Headset for PlayStation 3. Designed after the loveable and courageous Bumblebee, this wireless controller and Bluetooth headset (which can be stored in the controller) feature authentic Transformers details, light-up logo and official artwork.
• My First Remote, a micro-sized, kid-friendly remote designed for Wii
players with smaller hands that also features interchangeable Disney artwork.
• The Wii Blaster, a unique lightgun-style controller for the Wii that comes with a download coupon for the WiiWare shoot-Œem-up game, Big Town Shootout.
• New licensed controllers and accessories featuring Transformers 3, Nightmare Before Christmas, Cars 2, Nerf and Energizer.
• Microsoft Kinect mounting solutions and extension cords and PlayStation Move accessories to help keep gamer¹s living spaces organized.
We review Mortal Kombat for the Playstation 3.
Check out the first publically released clip from the new web series Mortal Kombat Legacy.
Check out to see the initial cast for Mortal Kombat Legacy.