These two new radios join the mid-tier Xpress receiver to create a full suite of Xpress plug-and-play products, manufactured by Audiovox.
“Depending on how, when and where you listen, the Xpress family of radios offers three different options designed to meet your needs for enjoying more than 170 channels of XM music, sports, talk and news,” said Blair Kutrow, XM senior vice president, product and campaign marketing. “Regardless of which model you choose, all Xpress radios are compact in size, yet big on entertainment.”
The XpressR features:
* The first ever split screen receiver for satellite radio, allowing XM listeners the ability maximize their XM Radio experience by viewing six different XM channels, simultaneously. When using this function, the device’s screen splits into two sections to display the current listening channel on the left side, and five additional XM channels on the right side. All six channels can be viewed by channel name, artist or song title.
* The radio also boasts a 30-minute buffer, which continuously and automatically saves the last 30 minutes of programming so users can replay what they just heard, even after they changed channels. XpressR users can also pause the XM programming they are listening to with the option to playback that program within 30 minutes.
* In addition, XpressR offers quick channel navigation with the option to program up to 30 favorite channels, or press number buttons to enter and move directly to the channel you want. The radio also features a remote control with pause, replay and direct channel entry buttons. The radio display automatically adjusts brightness from day to night while in the car and includes a customizable stock and sports ticker. It also includes a feature that will alert you whenever your favorite songs, artists, or sports teams are being played on another channel.
The XpressEZ features:
* A new sleek, entry-level radio for easy and affordable access to XM Radio’s 170 channels of music, sports and entertainment in the car or home. XpressEZ is compact and lightweight, and offers a bright, large three-line display for viewing XM channel, artist and song title.
* XpressEZ also offers the option to save up to 10 channels, for quick and easy access to your favorites. There is also a convenient tuner dial for simple navigation through XM’s variety of programming.
Both radios are compact and lightweight so they can easily be moved from home to car, and audio systems with compatible accessories. Optional accessories for the home include the Universal Xpress Home Kit, new Delphi Premium Sound System, and Belkin Boombox.
Manufactured by Audiovox, the new XpressEZ and XpressR receivers will be available for a suggested retail price of $69.99 and $129.99, respectively.