I’ve always got the impression that camcorders seem like a forgotten gadget. Of course loads of people use them, but as more and more people use their camera phones and conventional cameras to record video footage anyway is a dedicated camcorder worth it?
Sure it is.
As we become more accustomed to the HD revolution we won’t accept anything to be seen on our screens that is less than full HD. And as good as camera phones and conventional cameras are they are nowhere near that standard.
Out in less than two months is this dinky lil’ video capturer from Sony called the HDG-TG1 Handycam. It will retail for around $900 and features the following:
- Records video in full 1080p HD
- Audio records in 5.1 channel surround
- Built in zoom microphone
- Carl Zeiss Vario -Tessar 10x zoom optical lens
- Ability to capture 4 megapixel still images
- Face detection technology
- Titanium body
- Memory Stick PRO Duo slot
- 2.7″ touch panel LCD display
Want? The check out the Sony press site, here, for more info.