With the recently released Game of the Year Edition, Gearbox has gone ahead and patched our beloved Borderlands with some much needed level caps. The improvements are as follows:
Level cap increase of 8 levels for all players.
– Original Borderlands players will now be able to achieve level 58.
– Owners of The Secret Armory of General Knoxx can achieve a record setting increase to a maximum level of 69.
* Enemies now scale to new level caps throughout the whole game as long as play through 2 has been completed.
* Item drops (with the exception of COM Decks) will now scale to new enemy level caps.
* DLC4 Achievement/Trophy glitches that have affected some users will now properly award players for obtaining these achievements.
Borderlands fans, new and old, will now be able to hunt and kill more in Pandora than ever before with this new free Title Update for Borderlands!
Players with the original Borderlands will now be able to achieve Level 58 on all their characters, up from Level 50, while owners of The Secret Armory of General Knoxx can achieve a record setting maximum level of 69, up from 61!
Players who have also completed play through 2 will now be able to challenge themselves in every place in Pandora! Every enemy and boss will scale to the players level, giving players the chance to enjoy past zones all over again.
For those that have yet to pick up the DLC packs, now would be an opportune time as everything has been upgraded to allow for maximum level achievement. If you haven’t played through the game a second time, don’t fret. You need not have a finished 2nd play through merely have a first play through finished for the patch to take effect. Simply load your existing character and plow through the game again. With as much fun as I had with the first play through I’m looking forward to playing the game again with a much higher level cap and scaled enemies.